Friday, September 4, 2009

BIKKURISHITA~

So a quick brief on KGU's Japanese classes... Level 1 covers Genki I, Lessons 1-9, Level 2 covers Genki I and II, Lessons 10-17... basically the classes go pretty fast here. Level 3 finishes up Genki II. My goal this summer was to study Genki II on my own and get into level 4. Well, I never finished it because Sophia's Japanese class was too intense. I got half way though on my own. So I figured I'd get into Level 3 which seems to be equivalent to Japanese 4 at my home institution. So, pretty cool, I will skip Japanese 3. I've only taken up to 2, then a semester this summer and last summer in Japan, then just speaking to people... my knowledge is all over the place.

Anyways... I was on the phone with my dad getting ready to head out to school to check my level then head to Hirakata, when I thought I saw a flicker of light out the window (I have the corner room so not only do I have a balcony but a window :D ). I thought it was lighting but figured it was my imagination or a car or something. I got off the phone with my dad soon after and I was getting my stuff together when I heard it... BOOOOOOM *thunder rumble*. Well... I have to meet Takuma... so I remember Yuki's advice: (when you do not/cannot drive) when you hear a storm coming, leave early so you don't have to walk in the rain. I mean I have to go, I want to go, and I hate to walk in the rain... so I just hurry. Honestly, I never SEE the lightning again but I heard some rumbles of thunder.

Anyhow, I make it to school, the darkness kinda creeped me out so I asked Jun to call me so I could talk to him. So for the last bit of walk I was able to talk to him. I go look on the bulletin board for the classes... and I don't see anything new... so i turn to walk away and I see them next to the board. I look... Level 4 Spoken and Level 4 Reading/Writing. I don't know how... I really don't. I musta done really good on all the parts of the test I took HAHA. I'm not sure if I will stay in Level 4 though, I never finished Genki II. We'll just see.

So basically my schedule looks like this:

Monday:
10:00 - 10:50 > Spoken Japanese 4
12:00 - 12:50 > Reading/Writing Japanese 4
2:30 - 3:50 > Labor, Culture and Human Resource Management in Japan

Tuesday:
10:00 - 10:50 > Spoken Japanese 4
1:00 - 2:20 > The Mystery of Cross-Cultural Relationships: Social and Psychological Influences

Wednesday:
9:00 - 9:50 > Reading/Writing Japanese 4
11:00 - 11:50 > Spoken Japanese 4

Thursday:
10:00 - 10:50 > Spoken Japanese 4
12:00 - 12:50 > Reading/Writing Japanese 4
1:00 - 2:20 > The Mystery of Cross-Cultural Relationships: Social and Psychological Influences
2:30 - 3:50 > Labor, Cultural and Human Resource Management in Japan

Friday:
12:00 - 12:50 > Spoken Japanese 4

Yeah, schedules here are pretty wacky. We can't have the class at the same time everyday. I love Wednedays (all Japanese) and Fridays (1 class)... not so happy about Thursday >.< All 4 classes.......... GRRRR. Anyways, I think I mentioned before... non-language classes start Monday (so just my Labor class) and Japanese starts Tuesday. This should be interesting.

0 comments: