Monday, June 22, 2009

Admission Info

WARNING: Sophia University is NOT gaijin (foreigner) friendly. From what I'm getting with this packet of maps and written instructions. So I got a thick envelope in the mail today from that included:

1) map of Tokyo
2) receipt for hotel payment
3) welcome letter
4) "while in Tokyo" (random letter)
5) "orientation day" (info about orientation)
6) Sophia Campus Map
7) schedule of events
8) list of textbooks
9) Tokyo Metro Map (subway map)
10) access from Narita Airport map
11) hotel information (including access)

That's... A LOT of maps. My understand is "Here are some maps and written instructions on finding the school from your hotel... oh and GOOD LUCK!" I'm glad this isn't my first time to Japan. I feel for those who have never been. They will need that luck. After reviewing the access map to my hotel, I'm confident I can get from Narita to my hotel on my own. But I know Jun and Shota might worry, so one or both most likely won't allow that. But who knows, maybe they will have pick up service... ... ... ... we'll see.

Kansai Gaidai sent an email last week that had a link to the Fall Admissions site that had a lot of info which I printed. This included Arrival Information, Orientation Program Info (most still TBA), Visa Application Info, Insurance Info, Standard of Conduct info, FAQ, the ever so popular (in Japan) Access Maps, and info on computer facilities. Nothing much to discuss about this info. Also the homestay participants (not me, I'm dorm) got a letter saying that there is too many homestay applicants than homestay families so some should reconsider housing... and if there are still too many, they will choose randomly who gets homestay.

OK... that's my update...

0 comments: